Monday, January 3, 2011

CLCA 2010 Beautification Awards






Happy New Year! I am sorry that I have not been here to blog in a few months! I have been buried knee deep in the work on the renovations of the Hotel Bel Air, and have been so busy with that, and with the holidays and family.
Well, I am very happy to report that the California Landscape Contractors Association was kind enough to award my company with two awards at the Statewide Level.
We won a special category of the Special Effects Award for the Smith residence in Studio City California. We also won an Outstanding Achievement for the Swartz Residence in Pacific Palisades. I am very happy that my crew was honored with these awards which point to my crews dedication and creativity, because I am only as good as the workers that install the projects. The result really is made, or broken by the execution of the details. What is unique about the beautification awards is that they are judged by other landscape professionals who tour the sites, and are not told who did them, so they have no prejudice towards the projects and are only evaluating the work. I am very grateful to the CLCA, and had a great time at the awards which were held at the Disneyland resort hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment