Friday, February 18, 2011

Architectural Digest visits Sheryl Crow March 2011






In the March 2011 issue of Architectural Digest, I am very pleased to say that our work was published in the feature along with Sheryl's Interview and interior photos. The story focuses of course on the house and its interiors which is typical for Architectural Digest, but I was especially happy that the first and largest picture in the story featured Sheryl's beautiful picture, standing in front of the pool and deck which I designed and built for her. It was a very adventurous project which started with the purchase of her 1926 hillside Spanish Style home on a very nice 3/4 acre lot. She then fell in love with the neighbors property and later purchased his 10.8 acres and two craftsman homes which date from 1898, and 1906 respectively. I have unified the three properties and created a new driveway, pool, decks, walkways, a bridge, and many acres of irrigation and landscape. It all started with us installing over 3 miles of fencing up a hill that rises over 1200 ft vertically to keep the bobcats away from her animals.
It has been a labor of love for sure. I can very honestly say that Sheryl is one of the nicest people that I know, and that she is one of the rare people in Hollywood that an even greater person inside, than the sum of all of her accomplishments put together. Here are some of photos from the article and I am very honored to say that tomorrow I will be on KNX 1070 radio between 3 and 4 p.m. to talk about the article with Cindy Dole on her Home Wizards Show. It will be my 3rd time talking with Cindy who always is so generous to me, so I hope that you can tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment